Founded in 2017, we are a county wide organisation set up to raise awareness of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender (LGBT+) culture and heritage.
We do this by delivering events, support and services so that LGBT+ people can live their lives free from discrimination on the grounds of their sexual orientation or gender identity.
We work with a wide range of partners to deliver our services so that LGBT+ people have the best resources and access to quality provision.
To promote equality and diversity for the public benefit and in particular the elimination of discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation or gender identity, including in particular but not exclusively by:
- Raising the awareness of the public with regard to all aspects of discrimination in society and issues and difficulties affecting the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people;
- Cultivating a sentiment in favour of equality and diversity in particular through celebrating the achievements of LGBT people and the diversity of the LGBT community;
- Advancing education and raising awareness in equality and diversity whether by teaching, interaction, performance or producing and/or displaying artistic and other materials;
- Producing publications, lectures, media, promoting public events and exhibitions, public advocacy and other means of communication;
- Associating with voluntary organisations, and/or governmental, public and private bodies to develop and maximise the effectiveness of voluntary organisations run by and for LGBT people;
- Staging and promoting LGBT events and in particular an annual LGBT festival;
- Creating safe spaces where LGBT people can explore their culture and heritage that breaks down barriers, celebrates inclusively and removes social exclusion;
- Promoting activities to foster understanding between people from diverse backgrounds.